Marine Engineer (fulltime)Location: Serooskerke, The Netherlands | Position Level: Experienced
Publication date: 06-12-2019
Would you like to work on complex worldwide projects in a dynamic team driven to find innovative solutions for the offshore oil and gas and renewable energy industry? Then you might be the Marine Engineer we are looking for. The Engineering team supports other departments, predominantly Projects & Tendering, but also Operations, Technical, Newbuilding and HSEQ.
In this position you prepare technical proposals for various projects. You use your expertise to perform hydrostatic and hydrodynamic analyses of our fleet and projects. You assess the workability of projects and provide relevant input for tenders, feasibility studies and detailed engineering studies.
The Marine Engineer is responsible for:
- Performing hydrostatic and hydrodynamic analyses;
- Performing motion response analyses;
- Performing offshore workability assessments;
- Managing engineering partners;
- Providing support to the Commercial department concerning tenders;
- Performing miscellaneous installation Engineering activities.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Maritime Engineering, Fluid Dynamics, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of hydrodynamics;
- Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience as a Marine Engineer;
- Affinity with offshore renewables, decommissioning and heavy lifting;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- Strong written and verbal English skills and knowledge of the Dutch language;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably experienced in ANSYS AQWA and OrcaFlex.
The organisationWorking for OOS means being part of a growing and dynamic organisation. Our dedicated team consists of a mix of young and experienced professionals, who are working together in a lean organisation. We continuously invest in the development of our employees by supporting their personal growth.
Additional InformationIf this job appeals to you and you meet the qualifications, please send in your application. All applications have to be done online through our website https://www.oosinternational.com/careers-oos-international/onshore/ or the online application button underneath this vacancy. Only online applications are eligible and will be assessed. Once you have submitted your application, an acknowledgement will be sent to the email address you have included in your application.