Structural EngineerLocation: Serooskerke | Position Level: Starter/Experienced Publication date: 11-10-2019
Would you like to work on complex worldwide projects in a dynamic team driven to find innovative solutions for the offshore oil and gas and renewable energy industry? Then you might be the Structural Engineer we are looking for.
The Engineering team supports other departments, predominantly Projects & Tendering, but also Operations, Technical, Newbuilding and HSEQ.
In this position you prepare technical proposals for various projects. You use your expertise to perform concept design for local vessel strengthening e.g. grillage and seafastening, blade racks, lifts point and arrangements. You assess the structural strength of offshore platforms during lifting operations and provide relevant input for tenders, feasibility studies and detailed engineering studies.
The Structural Engineer is responsible for:
- Performing structural engineering from concept design to detailed design;
- Preparing and reviewing structural design reports;
- Managing engineering partners;
- Performing installation engineering activities;
- Providing support to the commercial department concerning tenders;
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Maritime Engineering or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of structural mechanics;
- Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience as a structural engineer;
- Affinity with offshore renewables, decommissioning and heavy lifting;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- Strong written and verbal English skills and knowledge of the Dutch language;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably experienced in FEMAP and/ or SACS
The organisationWorking for OOS means being part of a growing and dynamic organisation. Our dedicated team consists of a mix of young and experienced professionals, who are working together in a lean organisation. We continuously invest in the development of our employees by supporting their personal growth.
If this job appeals to you and you meet the qualifications, please send in your application. All applications have to be done online through our website https://www.oosinternational.com/careers-oos-international/onshore/ or the online application button underneath this vacancy. Only online applications are eligible and will be assessed. Once you have submitted your application, an acknowledgement will be sent to the email address you have included in your application.